Tuesday, March 21, 2017

And the Last Shall Be First

I finally got a chance to get my Alpha Legion on the table with the Traitor Legions supplement, and dude, they are so much fun. I narrowly beat an Ultramarines Victrix Strike Force with Roboute Guilliman, because, while I wasn't able to come close to matching his combat power (he utterly destroyed everything he made contact with, including my Terminators+Chaos Lord and Sorcerer, which he downed in 1 Assault Phase), massed Infiltration let me control the board well enough that I was able to stay on top of the Objectives and keep the lead.


The Mindveil did totally betray me, tho. The one Turn I really needed it, I only ended up getting 5" of movement, when I only needed like 9" to be able to get away from Bobby G.

On the other hand, Many Heads of the Hydra (or as I like to call it, "I am...NOT Alpharius) saved the Game for me by preserving that Warlord point, which ended up being a big deal, since the Game came down to a 1 Point difference at the end. Very fun Game, one of the best I've had in a while. Definitely looking forward to getting them more table time.

4 comments:

  1. The alphas are right up there now in terms of solidity - as you have said the ability to infiltrate everywhere and pretty much never give up slay the warlord makes them a really tough proposition in normal games. I've played them twice now and lost both, the flexibility they have makes them really difficult to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm really happy with what they got. I really wish I were able to play more these days because I also really want to get some table time with my Death Guard and Emperor's Children.

      Delete
  2. I'll have to check them out in more detail. I do love infiltration. I jumped on World Eaters, and have played a fair bit with Iron Warriors (love Obliterators). I've mostly skimmed the other legions, so time to revisit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alpha Legion were my very first 40K Army, and they really haven't lived up to their fluff in a long time, so I jumped straight to their section as soon as the Legions book dropped. They did not disappoint :D

      Delete