Saturday, June 1, 2019

Rot and Rust in Progress

So, yeah, moving sucks. Gradually getting back in the groove here, but the hobby area ended up not working out as planned, and the best place for a backup hobby spot is still in flux for a while to come as well. Similarly, I don't have my light box set up again yet, so the pics are kind of crap, but I wanted to get something up, try to get back in the habit of another hobby aspect. And I have been making some progress, just not actually completing anything. Most recently, a bunch of Nurgle stuff, most of it for the Ordo Fanaticus Club Challenge this summer.

I've got a couple of trios going here, with the Blight Haulers so they can cover more area and also get the +1 BS, and the Predators so they can get off a Killshot. Well, hopefully at least, on both counts. It's entirely possible for either group to lose a member before I get a chance to shoot. Also, the threes grouped like this bring to mind the Mark of Nurgle, so they feel reasonably fluffy as well.
I'm almost done with the modeling on these BlightKing Terminators. And no, that's not a typo. They're a mix of parts from the BlightLord Terminators, the Putrid Blightkings from AoS, and some regular Chaos Terminator/Terminator Lord parts. Still need some more putty work, but not much, magnets on two more Combi-Plasmas, and some fiddling with the base on the Champion with Flail of Corruption.
This last one isn't actually part of my planned OFCC Army, but since I was stippling browns and oranges all over Vehicles anyhow, it was easy enough to add this guy to the line-up. It's a Scuttlebug Transport, from Miniature Scenery, just about perfect to use as a Rhino. Their Chaos-ish stuff isn't that great, because they can't really get the fine detail for spikes and such from MDF, but it still looked cool enough, and was cheap enough, that I decided to grab one anyhow. I also got a couple of their Terrain kits (I think I posted at least one of them. It was a couple of years ago.), and I'm really happy with those.

Here's hoping my next post both comes sooner and has more finished stuff, but regardless, until then, y'all have a good one, y'hear!

8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that the hobby area isn't going as planned (though your painting progress is still impressive despite that!). Yeah moving sucks, but hopefully it'll all work out for ya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's coming along about as well as could be expected. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Blimey, you've been busy.
    Those Termies are looking great and I love the idea of a scuttling Nurgle Rhino.
    In the days of Knights, Flyers and Primarchs it makes a change to see some good old Predators, I'm a bit out of the loop these days, are they any good game wise?
    Glad to see you posting again ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really happy with how the Termies are coming along. Predators aren't exactly great, but with the Castellan nerfed, they're not just throwing Points away. The OFCC is designed to get some more variety and provide a space for less competitive Gamers, so they should do alright there. I wouldn't take this list to an actual Tournament, tho.

      Delete
  3. Yep moving sucks for sure! When I last moved it took ages to get my hobby space set up and back in the groove again. Shame your space didn’t work out as you had planned. Hopefully you can get something better sorted out :)
    Rusty stuff is looking good (and rusty! ;) ) certainly a lot on your to do list that you are cracking through :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem is, basically, that we were idiots. When we planned out the space, we forgot to take into account the depth of the shelving units that we were going to use to make it into a separate "room" from the living room. Cutting off two feet on every side didn't really leave enough room for tables or chairs or anything in there.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  4. I just moved my hobby space into the bedroom because it's too damn cold in the garage (deep winter here in NZ). Ironically I got more done because I have to stare at the mess every day. Your pics look fine to me. Loving the rust effects and the Scuttlebug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have been better with it out in the craft room, where someone else would see it all the time and bug me about finishing stuff. When it's in my room, I don't really care much about mess, and I'm not usually in there until I'm going to bed, so it's pretty much out of sight out of mind.

      And thanks, but trust me; they look much better in person. The yellow background really washed out a lot of the colour.

      Delete