Tuesday, October 31, 2023

DreadTober AU Redux Finale

Presenting the God of Wind, the preferred Mech of Star Captain Enni Bekker, commander of the 43rd Striker Trinary, 50th Striker Cluster, Ghost Bear Alpha Galaxy. She was inspired to name the Mech after a song she heard a Rasalhagian bondsman singing while preparing for her Clawing Ritual after successfully trialling for the Trinary command following the death of Star Captain Milton Snuka in a skirmish with Kuritan troops in 3062.
Never speak to me or my son again. 

Barring, perhaps, a couple of terrain pieces, this is the biggest thing I've ever painted. This pic doesn't really do justice to how it looms over that Knight.
It's hard to get good photos because it's so big. I don't have great room lights, and only indirect outdoor light, and it's taller than my light box, or how high my swing arm lamp will reliably stay. 
I didn't get the snow flock done, or any of the insignia I was thinking of doing, and I'm not entirely comfortable with how well it's attached to the base, but the model itself is basically finished! Still, in the end, I'm really happy with how it came out. All the tiny dots were an absolute pain in the neck, but I think the final effect is worth it.
One more parting shot. Note that even when I do use a ruler, I still can't get the damn lines straight ;) Not sure what I'll have up next, but there will be something. Until then, y'all have a good one now, y'hear! 

Edit: Got the snow flock done. It looks heavier than it will be once the glue dries, but the overall effect will be similar still.

2 comments: