Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Dakka Dakka-Back: GW Provides House-Rules for a Great Kitbash

I've seen a few variants on this conversion/concept over the years, and always thought it was cool. So I was very happy to see that GW is starting to put out even unofficial Rules for stuff like this. Seeing them getting back into supporting functionalist kitbashing and converting, rather than just building stuff out of the box, or at most some purely aesthetic mods, is really great to see again.

I know I won't be able to use it in Tournaments, but since I have a set of StormRaven sponsons, sitting around, I'm totally going to be building them up some way that I can magnetize them on the side of one of my Razorbacks so I can run this in casual Games.

As might be expected, it's pretty badly overpriced for something on a Rhino chassis, but it's still cool just to have semi-official support for stuff like this. Check out the Datasheet here.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, that is a fantastic conversion, giving it an official dataslate conjures up a nostalgic memory of the old VDR rules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a cool little blast from the past in a lot of ways.

      Delete