Friday, October 7, 2016

Dreadtober 2: The Dreadening

Building the Dreads is mostly done. Just need a little more filling and touch-up work. No problem, since I'm just using Sector Imperialis bases, so I've got some extra time compared to everyone who's doing actual basing work.
I kind of wish I'd built at least one of the Helbrute kit before starting this. I didn't think about the possibilities of giving the head a bit of directional shift, since no other Dread kit has had that option.





I can't really find a good angle to show the Meltagun I kitbashed together to go along with his Siege Hammer. It was clearly the right place to put it when I was just working on the arm, but then when I went for the smashy pose, it kind of ended up in an awkward place.
Did get some cool use out of some of the semi-organic hoses. There are enough different ones in there that it's pretty easy to find one that's at least close to what you want.

Y'all have a good one now, y'hear!

2 comments:

  1. Great progress, I may have to join in. You can never have too many Dreads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yeah, you should totally get in on this. The more the merrier!

      Tho, actually, I'm not sure about that last bit. I no longer actually know how many Dreads I have, which might be too many ;)

      Delete