Tuesday, October 31, 2017

DreadToberFest!

Just a quick shot of what I got painted this month. I'll do more photos, probably on the weekend, but wanted to get a "proof of life" photo up on the last day. I started with 8 built or mostly built Walkers, and ended up getting 4 of them painted, plus another that I hadn't included in my original group, which nicely hits the goal I had set for myself. They all still have more work I'd like to do at some point (particularly the Nurgle Helbrutes), but are absolutely good enough to put on the table.

4 comments:

  1. Sweeeeeeet - Those are all looking great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really pleased with what I managed to accomplish here.

      Delete
  2. Wow. Have they been putting meth in your tea? Thats a lot of painting. You must make Plasma Head the leader.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, no chemical assistance. I'm just good at turning out tabletop quality stuff quickly. It's all super sloppy when you see it up close, and surprising amounts are done very quickly, with huge brushes.

      All the gold on Plasma Head, for example, was done in a total of about 5 minutes, split into two sessions, one for the Balthazar Gold, and one for Auric Armour Gold. Just a bunch of heavy overbrushing with a 1" brush normally used for house trim. Then I did most of the blue with a 1/4" flat brush, just using a #3 round to touch up the boundaries with the gold. The line highlighting on the two Nurgle Helbrutes was done similarly. Maybe 15-20 minutes with the 1/4" flat brush.

      There isn't really a leader as such, since they're from four different Factions that more or less mutually hate each other, but Plasma Head is clearly the greatest of them.

      Delete