Wednesday, October 18, 2017

DreadTober: A New Challenger Appears!

So, even tho it wasn't one of the Models I put forth at the start of the month, Sunday evening I got the urge to paint up the Librarian Dread that had been sitting around primed for, idk, a couple of years, probably. There's a lot of bits of touch-up and a few little details that want more work, but I'm more than content to put it on the table at this point. I'm also really not happy with the Force Weapon, but I'm sick of fighting with it, so it's staying like this for now.

I hadn't realized how bad my pot of Ceramite White had got until I cracked open the new one. The Mechanicus symbol was so much easier than it would have been.

The gems and lenses are all done with the GW gem technical paints, except that I just use Blood for the Blood God for the red, since it works and I don't have to buy another paint that way.

Not sure why the Librarian Dread has a parchment right where the Chapter Symbol should be shown. I just put the Crimson Thunder Chapter Symbol on the parchment instead

I also want to go back in and get some more definition on the sigils in the book. On the left is the Elder Sign, from some of the Cthulhu Mythos spinoff stuff, and the right is a Norse rune used for defense and protection.
I should have some paint on the SphinxFiend and the two Nurgle Helbrutes to show you by this weekend, and the Alpha Legion Contemptor Mortis is coming along nicely as well. Until then, y'all have a good one, y'hear!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! Despite mostly mentioning the things I need to finish or fix, I really am very happy with how it came out.

      Delete
  2. Looking good!

    Yeah, you can't fight something; been there - a lot. Sometimes you put so much time into something, can't get it right, and simply have to move on for the sake of your sanity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll probably come back to that Force Weapon at some point in the future, but it's going to be a while. Maybe when the BA Dex comes out or something.

      Delete
  3. Nice work mate, love the idea of Libby Dreads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really like the concept of all the Character Dreads. The FW Chaplain one, the Libby Dread, unique ones like Bjorn. One of my favorite touches so far in The Beast Arises series is the Marshall Dreadnought leading one of the Black Templars Crusade Fleets.

      Delete