Thursday, January 24, 2019

Shadespire Terrain Pt. 1

I thought the Shadespire Terrain set was cool, but it was kind of spendy for something that had literally no game effect, so I wasn't sure if I was going to pick it up or not. But then I won a set of it at the last Tournament I went to as the prize for Best Appearance with my Chosen Axes. Got the first couple of pieces of it ready to go:
This one was pretty simple, but surprisingly satisfying. Nice little bit of hazardous Terrain.



This one didn't quite come out like I was aiming for, but it's still pretty cool. I think I needed to start with something lighter than Stegadon Scale for what I was going for. I am very happy with the effect I got on the mist flowing between the two broken crystals, tho.

Got a couple more of these painted and waiting to get photographed, and a couple more things that just need be written up and posted. Hopefully I'll be able to get through that faster than one a week. But whenever the next time ends up being, until then, y'all have a good one, y'hear!

9 comments:

  1. Nice! I contemplated getting the set but came to the same conclusion you did, far too pricey for some small terrain bits. I’ve ended up making my own. Just started painting them but lost all motivation currently. Oh well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have some stuff I made for another project that works really well for Shadespire as well that I'm planning to get photographed and show off soon as well. Tons of possibilities.

      Delete
  2. Nice work, especially that misty energy.

    As you know, I made my own, but I also think that for the $35 it's not a bad deal either. I would have bought it but I simply felt like a good terrain project at the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      $35 isn't inherently expensive for what comes in that set, but it does depend on how much disposable income you have in your gaming budget. The past while, things have been kind of tight for me*, so something that's purely for aesthetic value was much lower priority.

      *In part because GW refuses to give me a break and go more than a couple of months without a release that I absolutely love ;)

      Delete
    2. They are indeed rapid firing releases.

      Delete
  3. Looking good there, Westrider! I might have to crack mine open after seeing yours and try to get a couple of those finished for this month's challenge! Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here you go - entirely your fault!
      https://azazelx.com/2019/02/28/warhammer-underworlds-nightvault-arcane-hazards-1-february-terrain-2019/
      (As will be the next one of these!)

      Delete
  4. Wow. Teal plastic? I wasn't expecting that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think everything so far for Warhammer Underworlds has been in some colour of plastic other than the usual grey.

      Delete